Monday, November 20, 2006

Facing Sudan's Animator!


Meet E.J. Lucas. He is the new animator for Facing Sudan.

As many of you know, we are creating several sequences of animation for the film. I thought that animation would provide a stylized element to the film as well as providing a visual for events for which we have no footage. The animation, I think, will truly add a different dimension to the stories being told in Facing Sudan.

E.J. contacted me this summer after reading an article in the local newspaper about the animation that we were attempting. I knew EJ; he was a student of mine several years ago. He is a recent graduate of the Illinois Institute of Art in Chicago with a degree in animation. His style is exactly what we were looking for.

EJ is a welcome addition to the film and his work will truly add a unique element to the film.

"I am very excited to be a part of this project," he said. "And hope that my contributions will bring more attention to the cause."

Below you can view a short animation clip that EJ has on his demo reel.



EJ Lucas: supermanimator@hotmail.com

No comments: